We have a number of part time positions available in various locations around central London. We are looking for the following:
1 x 24 hours
1 x 12 hours
1 x 16 hours
1 x 14 hours
Please advise how many hours you would like to work in your application.
Penhaligon's was founded in 1870 by William Penhaligon, the house encapsulates the English idea of a traditional heritage fragrance house with a dedication to create scented stories. The founder imagined perfumes as references to places and memories. From the original Hammam Bouquet in 1872 – created after the smell of the Turkish baths located next to his first boutique on Jermyn St - to the latest creations like As Sawira in 2015, legacy with a twist is at the core of the history of the house.
Each and every creation explores facets of high perfumery, challenging the traditions of the art and seeking new ways to interpret elegance. Truly English, Penhaligon’s is passionate about ingredients and still manufactures its scents in England using the finest rare ingredients. Penhaligon’s creations are now offered in own boutiques and selected distinguished stores across the world.
Penhaligon’s is honoured to hold two long-standing Royal Warrants; from HRH The Duke of Edinburgh (granted 1956) and from HRH The Prince of Wales (granted 1988).
Our head offices are based in London, New-York and Paris. We have stores across the world (UK, France, Asia, USA). We are part of Puig, a global player in the world of fashion and fragrance.
Purpose of the Role
The Fragrance Consultant is responsible for achieving sales goals and developing lasting client relationships, by providing the highest level of customer service and complying with all company policies, procedures and directives.
Sales and Customer Service
• To ensure that all customers receive the highest standard of customer service
• To approach and engage all customers utilizing the Penhaligon’s Service Steps – 5 Steps to a Successful Penhaligon’s Experience
• To relate and link sales to maximize spend opportunities
• To actively convert customer footfall to sales
• Works towards the achievement of sales goals, individual focuses and KPIs applied
• Build customer relationships and loyalty through active use of CRM program – Customer Relationship Management and database capture
• To maintain and develop a thorough knowledge of all merchandise sold, together with any services that can be provided
• To actively ‘sell’ the Company and its products, including the story of Penhaligon’s
• Maintain a keen interest in the industry and market trends
• Resolve all client problems and complaints quickly and effectively, ensuring service excellence and client satisfaction
Stock and Product
• To comply with all procedures relating to stock control
• To be aware of the Company’s policy on refunds, exchanges, discounts etc.
• Ensure all stockroom areas are kept neat and tidy for quick and efficient service
• Participate in preparation and completion of bi-annual stock takes
Operations and Procedures
• To convey ‘company policies and procedures’ to customers in all dealings regarding refunds, exchange, discounts etc.
• To maintain and update knowledge of company procedures etc., by reading and acting upon all internal memos, ensuring staff are advised accordingly
• Adhere to work schedule, inclusive of time and attendance
• Participate in all relevant training and development seminars, programs and meetings as directed by store management
Merchandising and Display
• To display stock in such a manner as to promote the merchandise and the company image, using company visual guidelines
• Ensure that store housekeeping standards are maintained and that shop presentation is always of a high standard
Desired Skills and Experience
• Proven track record in niche and luxury environment
• Excellent customer service
• Excellent communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
If you want to be part of the iconoclastic fragrance houses in the world, please apply with your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] including the job title, desired working hours and store location in the subject line of your email.
Due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us after 4 weeks you can consider your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Penhaligon’s is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
We only use agencies when we need a bit of extra help. So unless we contact you, we won’t accept agency applications.