A signature scent is part of one’s identity. Care to discover yours?
This website www.penhaligons.com (‘our site’) is operated by Penhaligon’s Inc. (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’).
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie.
Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. They are widely used in order to make websites work, and to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website (and any third parties they work with) and to manage elements of their business. Without certain cookies, some areas and functionalities of a website will not work (e.g. user logins or shopping bags).
If you would like to find out more about cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org, which explains how cookies work and how you can manage their use.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. This information is used by websites to make advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
- Google Analytics. For more information please refer to Google Analytics cookies, and here for an overview of privacy at Google.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. You can also delete cookies by selecting the appropriate option in your browser settings.
If you use different computers/mobile devices in different locations you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics on all websites please visit: To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit.
SOCIAL NETWORK AND WEB SERVICES INTERACTION
Social network buttons and widgets passively transmit information regarding a social network’s members. This may allow a social network to personally identify its members and to know the web pages its members have visited. This is true wherever social network buttons are embedded, regardless of whether the button is “clicked” or “pressed.” This is also true for various web services that have social network functionality such as YouTube and Instagram.
If you belong to a social network (such as Facebook or Twitter) or use web services (such as YouTube and Instagram), you should review the privacy policies of those networks and services to understand the nature of the data that they collect and what, if any, options you have to control how data is collected and used.
CHOICES REGARDING INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
Our site interest-based advertising, which is the collection of browsing data over time so that our ads and marketing can be personalized and displayed to you on our websites and 3rd party websites. You can choose to opt out of having your data used for targeting and serving interest-based advertising by using the opt-outs provided by the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance. These opt-outs, however, do require that cookies be enabled in your browser:
This does not mean that we will not serve you ads, but it does mean that we will not use interest-based advertising to do so.