Penhaligon's was founded in 1870 by William Penhaligon, the house encapsulates the English idea of a traditional heritage fragrance house with a dedication to create scented stories. The founder imagined perfumes as references to places and memories. From the original Hammam Bouquet in 1872 – created after the smell of the Turkish baths located next to his first boutique on Jermyn St - to the latest creations like As Sawira in 2015, legacy with a twist is at the core of the history of the house.
Each and every creation explores facets of high perfumery, challenging the traditions of the art and seeking new ways to interpret elegance. Truly English, Penhaligon’s is passionate about ingredients and still manufactures its scents in England using the finest rare ingredients. Penhaligon’s creations are now offered in own boutiques and selected distinguished stores across the world.
Penhaligon’s is honoured to hold two long-standing Royal Warrants; from HRH The Duke of Edinburgh (granted 1956) and from HRH The Prince of Wales (granted 1988).
Our head offices are based in London, New-York and Paris. We have stores across the world (UK, France, Asia, USA). We are part of Puig, a global player in the world of fashion and fragrance.
Purpose of Role
The Store Manager is responsible for the overall management of the store, staff, stock & merchandise, and customer service. The Store Manager is also responsible for achieving sales objectives, maintaining and achieving high operational and merchandising standards and goals, building highly motivated teams, and developing team members to the next level.
Profit and Sales Generation:
• To drive and meet the store sales goals objectives
• Analyse available sales reports and data to determine the needs of the business and set business strategies
• Set individual sales goals for Fragrance Consultants, ensuring their goals reflect store business goals
• Continuously motivate team members to meet assigned sales and productivity goals
• Support the development of Fragrance Consultants on sales techniques, ensuring utilisation of ‘fragrance profiling’ to maximise sales, and ensure team members are fluent in all aspects of product knowledge
• Demonstrate sales leadership for team members by playing an active role on the selling floor
• Collaborate with Regional Manager and the Marketing function to identify local marketing opportunities to support sales
• Develop events and incentives that will continue to grow your customer base, with particular emphasis on building the local market
• Manage all controllable costs to ensure maximum profit return for the store
• Actively manage the payroll costs in line with the payroll budget, reacting to sales trends where necessary
• Ensure team members maintain constant client communication through the use of clienteling and Customer Relations Management, and are actively building a database, utilising information to increase sales, and build customer loyalty
• Ensure all Fragrance Consultants provide the highest level of customer service
• Ensure team members maintain constant client communication through utilisation of their client books
• Manage client database and utilise information to increase sales and client contact
• Resolve all customer service issues and complaints quickly and effectively, ensuring complete customer satisfaction
• Assist Fragrance Consultants with various customer service issues i.e. dissatisfied customers, product returns, and defective merchandise
• Manage all special events inclusive of collection previews, client events, sale events and local events
• Empower Fragrance Consultants to make decisions in the customer’s best interests, that also support the Company’s philosophy
• Ensure facility maintenance, presentation and organisation
• Ensure cash control procedures are properly followed including bank deposits, safe funds and petty cash
• Control store expenses and maintain budgets, continually striving to reduce costs
• Schedule team members to maintain adequate floor coverage while maintaining payroll budgets
• Ensure deliveries are properly processed in a timely manner
• Monitor the movement of all inventory and ensure that team members adhere to all shipping/receiving policies and procedures
• Meet inventory accuracy and shrink requirements
• Ensure team members are trained in all areas of appropriate register usage and maintenance
• Understand and properly execute all management register functions
• Support, promote and assume responsibility for loss prevention in all areas of risk management, physical security, store cash controls, inventory management, inter-store communication and loss prevention audits
• Build and maintain good communicative relationships with team members in the corporate office and other stores
• Exhibit proficiency in computer programs used by the Company including: Word and Excel, and a willingness to train in other systems used if necessary
• Implement and maintain all merchandising directives and ensure execution of effective merchandising strategies
• Partner with logistics, product teams, and Regional Manager to ensure appropriate assortment for the store
• Ensure the selling floor is neat, clean, organised and reflects the correct visual image at all times
• Ensure presentation of all displays, fixtures and all visual areas are reflective of current visual direction
• Identify and communicate product concerns in a timely manner
• Communicate inventory needs to support the business goal
• Recruit, train, and develop team members ensuring all positions are filled in a timely manner with qualified personnel
• Support, implement and provide follow-up for all training programs, seminars, to develop the team
• Continually evaluate the performance of each team member and provide constant feedback to ensure results
• Resolve all human resources issues in a timely and effective manner, partnering with HR when necessary
• Ensure integrity of payroll costs and the payroll process
• Ensure image and grooming standards are professional, reflective of the brand image, and adhered to at all times
Desired Skills and Experience
• Previous line management experience in a luxury retail environment
• Highly customer and serviced focused
• Commercial acumen and business awareness
• Creative and entrepreneurial spirit
• Ability to work autonomously
• Resilient and actioned oriented
• Excellent communicator
• Strong relationship builder
• Commitment to driving sales growth and KPIs
• Building customer loyalty and sales through use of CRM and clienteling
• Profit and loss management and accountability
If you want to be part of the iconoclastic fragrance houses in the world, please apply with your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com including ‘Store Manager Kildare’ in the subject line of your email.
Due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us after 4 weeks you can consider your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Penhaligon’s is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
We only use agencies when we need a bit of extra help. So unless we contact you, we won’t accept agency applications.