L'Artisan Parfumeur and Penhaligon’s are two niche fragrance houses. Founded in 1870, Penhaligon’s is an iconic global perfume brand with incredible British heritage. We strive to create original scents for the discerning eccentrics of today.
L'Artisan Parfumeur created in France in 1976 is one of the most unique fragrance houses in the world. We work with imagination, exceptional raw materials and visionary perfumers to forge a distinctive alchemical vision, creating some of the most intriguing, singular and deeply personal scents of recent years.
Together, we are an international company with our head offices in London, New York City and Paris. We have stores across the world (UK, France, Asia, and USA). We are part of Puig, the global player in the world of fashion and fragrance.
Our remarkable growth has everything to do with our team of talented people. Our people are empowered to take ownership and every person contributes to the success of our business. We are passionate entrepreneurs at heart: curious and fearless in our ever-evolving adventures.
We are experiencing exceptional growth and are recruiting for a Senior Commercial Finance Manager.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Associate Finance Director, you will act as Business Partner and "Financial Guardian". You will support the CEO with financial and managerial information to enable operational decisions, to develop Puig brands, increase market share and achieve net revenues, profit and working capital objectives budgeted.
You will apply internal policies and address legal and regulatory related issues in coordination with Headquarters Shared Services Centre.
You will ensure an efficient use of local resources (NWC/cash) as well as full compliance with internal policies, external laws and regulations.
• Analyse financial performance: conduct review of monthly results and suggest corrective actions to the General Manager
• Manage Subsidiary Planning Process: ensure internal coordination and reporting to Headquarters
• Plan and coordinate with other departments the development of the strategic business plan: coordinate, execute and report to Headquarters tasks related to subsidiary planning, budgeting and forecasting
• Lead the budgeting process: annual operating plan and subsequent reviews (forecast and LE) for the P&L
• Conduct a rolling forecast on a regular basis
• Month-end closing: perform all requested validations to ensure the quality of the monthly closing (statutory and analytical P&D) and prepare/review necessary provisions (returns, one-off accruals)
• Locally support the implementation of corporate policies; ensure the implementation of Group Financial Policies regarding P&L
• Participate in local committees guaranteeing financial inputs are taken into consideration i.e. obsolescence task forces, S&Ops monthly meetings
• Locally support internal audit initiatives and proactively identify weaknesses and recommend corrective actions i.e. become a real second defence line
• Participation in cross-functional projects, support GTM projects (profitability analysis on permanent media investments, animation, beauty consultants etc.)
• Support local team by sharing financial knowledge and providing finance for non-financials training, if necessary
• Analyse monthly P&L variances versus budget and recommend corrective actions
• Sales analysis: sell-out/VMS analysis by brand/retailer, gap sell-in sell-out, performance of new launches, reconciliations with sales forecast
• Gross to net analysis and monitoring (price increase, evolution of trade discounts and rebates)
• Gross Margin variance analysis; deep understanding of the Local %GP variances (prices, costs, brand mix, promo-regular mix)
• A&P deep understanding to support the resources allocation process: media thresholds, GRP cost evolution, media mix, impact on sales linked to media campaigns
• ROI/post-mortem analysis of promo activities, recon with CPS
• Strict fixed costs follow-up
• Key account profitability analysis; direct P&L ownership; assessment of horizontal and vertical integration risks
• Local annual objectives & goals validation and assessment; local executive committee and regular assessment of risks and opportunities
• Efficiently supervise and manage teams under your responsibility
• Prepare reporting to Headquarters (actual closing non-SAP Affiliates, weekly sales etc.)
• Create ad-hoc reports requested by local/regional management or Headquarters
• Prepare presentations for top management visits and for Board of Directors meetings
• Drive local dashboard and all financial reports of local detailed BR liaising with Regional Controller BPO/BI department whenever needed
• Ensure robustness of local internal controls and compliance with group policies
Desired Skills and Experience
• Retail experience essential
• 5-10 year Post Qualified Experience (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
• Excellent verbal and written skills with a superior grasp of the English language
• Operates with professionalism and discretion, ensuring confidentiality
• Proven ability to proactively build and maintain effective working relationships
• Customer focused approach with an ability to work with challenging internal customers
• A fearless, independent and collaborative individual
• Able to work towards a clear brand vision
• Comfortable in the uncomfortable
• Strong organisation skills and a completer/finisher
• Proficiency in Microsoft office tools and comfortable in the digital world of today
If you want to be part of the iconoclastic fragrance houses in the world, please apply with your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] including “Senior Commercial Finance Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us after 4 weeks you can consider your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Penhaligon’s is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
We only use agencies when we need a bit of extra help. So unless we contact you, we won’t accept agency applications.