L'Artisan Parfumeur and Penhaligon’s are two niche fragrance houses. Founded in 1870, Penhaligon’s is an iconic global perfume brand with incredible British heritage. We strive to create original scents for the discerning eccentrics of today.
L’Artisan Parfumeur was founded in Paris in 1976 by perfumer-chemist Jean Laporte and was one of the first of a movement of exclusive niche fragrance houses inspired by nature and a desire to do things a little differently.
Together, we are an international company with our head offices in London, New York City and Paris. We have stores across the world (UK, France, Asia, USA). We are part of the Puig, the global player in the world of Fashion and Fragrance.
Our remarkable growth has everything to do with our team of talented people. Our people are empowered to take ownership and every person contributes to the success of our business. We are passionate entrepreneurs at heart, curious and fearless in our ever-evolving adventures.
Purpose of Role
The Wholesale Manager supports the International Business Development Manager in achieving the growth of sales and profits in line with the company business plan and specifically the Wholesale Division. The main focus of the Wholesale Manager's role is to grow the wholesale business by increasing turnover and maximising profitability through existing and new business with appropriate retail partners (department stores and direct customers).
Achieving performance objectives will require action in one of the main areas of activity:
1. Pro-active management of key doors to maximise sales growth and profitability;
2. Ensure trade marketing and training programs are agreed according to commercial strategy;
3. Identification and exploitation of new business opportunities (new retail partners); and
4. Ensuring visibility standards for brands
Day-to-day activities include:
• Finding new ways to improve sales; and
• Ensure customer needs are met.
The Wholesale Manager will have designated geographic areas of responsibility. Customers will receive personal visits according to business priorities and travel plans previously agreed. This role will require frequent travel in the designated areas.
This role will require strong collaboration with the sell-out team on manned doors but also full responsibility of the sell out on unmanned doors, with a reasonable degree of administrative tasks.
This role currently has moment no direct reports.
Other Key Responsibilities:
Sales and Profitability:
• To achieve and exceed agreed sell-in targets with appropriate wholesale partners and within agreed profitability parameters
• To manage relationships with Department Stores according to the company strategy and contribute to achieve sell-in and sell-out targets
• Should be unmanned accounts and collaborate with sell-out team
• Coordinate and execute the trade marketing plan previously agreed in department stores and direct customers, providing clients with the commercial and marketing information
• Follow up with key Department Stores and direct customers for their needs and requirements
• Make sure the brand image is well communicated and has consistency across all doors
• Ensure that appropriate training is delivered to direct customers to drive sell through and repeat business
• Analysing sales figures and forecasting future sales volumes to maximise profits
• Stock management and analysis to ensure correct stock levels in all doors
• Updating colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues
• Maintaining awareness of market trends in the industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives, and monitoring what local competitors are doing
• Actively build relationships with other department e.g. Marketing, Retail, Finance
• To be aware and strive to deliver the brand message at all times.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Previous relevant experience in wholesale sales, preferably in beauty, fashion or luxury goods
• Fluent in English
• Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
• Strong commercial and sales skills
• Entrepreneurial in approach
• Not afraid to challenge established practices
• Enjoy the challenge of a faced paced environment
• Creative and an original problem solver
• Customer focussed
• Ability to build and maintain effective relationships to gain trust and respect
• Versatile learner and open to change
• A team player, but able to work autonomously
• Excellent time keeping and willingness to travel
• Acute awareness of policies and procedures that effect productivity and overheads
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
If you want to be part of the iconoclastic fragrance houses in the world, please apply with your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] including ‘Wholesale Manager UK & Ireland’ in the subject line of your email.
Due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us after 4 weeks you can consider your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Penhaligon’s is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
We only use agencies when we need a bit of extra help. So unless we contact you, we won’t accept agency applications.