L'Artisan Parfumeur and Penhaligon’s are two niche fragrance houses. Founded in 1870, Penhaligon’s is an iconic global perfume brand with incredible British heritage. We strive to create original scents for the discerning eccentrics of today.
L’Artisan Parfumeur was founded in Paris in 1976 by perfumer-chemist Jean Laporte and was one of the first of a movement of exclusive niche fragrance houses inspired by nature and a desire to do things a little differently.
Together, we are an international company with our head offices in London, New York City and Paris. We have stores across the world (UK, France, Asia, USA). We are part of the Puig, the global player in the world of Fashion and Fragrance.
Our remarkable growth has everything to do with our team of talented people. Our people are empowered to take ownership and every person contributes to the success of our business. We are passionate entrepreneurs at heart, curious and fearless in our ever-evolving adventures.
Purpose of Role
The West Coast Wholesale Manager supports the Associate Director of Wholesale –North America in driving business to achieve sales objectives, maximize profitability, and implement strategy and key brand initiatives. Ensure trade marketing plans are aligned with commercial strategy and executed on a local level. Serve as the main point of contact for accounts within assigned territory, partnering with internal cross-functional teams to fulfill requests from retailer/account. Actively collaborate with sell out team to effectively manage staffed key accounts – plan and coordinate trainings, store visits, and events. Solely responsible for sell in/sell out goals in unstaffed accounts. Identify opportunities in key markets and develop new business.
• Maintain excellent relationships with key department store contacts and independent accounts with a proactive approach to managing the business
• Capture opportunities for elevated in-store placement to increase visibility
• Ensure Point of Sale Excellence is communicated and executed, maintaining consistency across all accounts within territory
• Coordinate regularly scheduled store visits in key staffed doors in tandem with area manager to provide consistent brand support to the retailer
• Communicate business performance, new initiatives/opportunities, and all other pertinent issues to colleagues
• Act as the gatekeeper to minimize communication from retailer to multiple internal departments, ensuring all needs are met in a timely manner
• Create streamlined processes to develop local strategy, drive sales, and support all areas of business, including administrative/operational tasks required to manage national accounts
• Frequent travel required to visit accounts within assigned territory according to business priorities and previously agreed upon travel plans
Sales and Profitability:
• Achieve and exceed sell in targets for assigned wholesale accounts and within agreed profitability parameters
• Unstaffed accounts: Propose collaborative actions to increase sell through, consequently increasing sell in
• Staffed key accounts: Partner with sell out team to achieve sell through objectives
• Create weekly sales reports with analysis of sales figures and forecasting future sales, updates on relevant market information, results from events/initiatives, opportunities to increase awareness/visibility within stores, upcoming retailer events/promotions; other reports created to be created as needed
• Communicate trade marketing plans, new product launches, and other commercial/marketing information to department store contacts and independent accounts
• Plan and prepare marketing events/animations, overseeing execution in unstaffed doors and coordinating with area manager to execute in staffed doors
• Conduct product trainings to unstaffed, independent accounts to education sales associates with brand/product knowledge to build brand loyalty, increase customer acquisition, and create repeat business
• Ensure in-store inventory needs are communicated to internal team to prevent missed sales and opportunities
• Manage POSM and place collateral orders as needed
• Stock management and analysis of sku productivity, follow up with internal team if corrective actions are needed
• Partner with merchandising team to ensure allocations/forecasts are in line with sales needs and marketing efforts
• Communicate upcoming purchase orders to store contacts for key accounts
• Dedicated to meeting expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
• Customer-centric in approach to proactively improve products/services offered
• Establishes and maintains effective relations with customers to gain their trust and respect
• Seen as a truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful way
• Maintains integrity, admits mistakes, doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain
• Learns quickly when facing new challenges, possessing a versatile and relentless approach to solving problems and learning new skills
• Open and resilient to changing environments
• Analyzes both successes and failures to find ways to improve
• Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks, able to grasp the underlying structure of anything
• Takes responsibility for delivering objectives
• Self-starter, able to work independently, takes initiative with minimal direction
• Monitor process, progress and results
• Able to collaborate with colleagues to share information, feedback and idea
Drive for Results
• Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully, bottom-line oriented
• Highly results driven
• Utilises forsight and can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately
• Has broad knowledge and perspective
• Can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods of possible outcomes for situations
• Can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans
• Enjoys being part of the team and thrives on challenge
• Driven by working in an entrepreneurial business
• Proactive on managing all fronts of business
• Highly focused on setting goals and achieving objectives
• Capable of prioritizing tasks to meet critical deadlines
• Action-oriented, energetic and enthusiastic approach to seizing opportunities
• Able to address and resolve issues quickly
• Manage projects efficiently to ensure deadlines are met
• Maintaining awareness of market trends in the industry, understanding future retailer initiatives, and monitoring competitors’ activities at the local level
• Build strong and productive relationships with other departments, e.g. Marketing, Retail, Finance
• Consistently strive to deliver the brand message at all times
• Follow company policies and procedures at all times
• Act in a manner that is considerate to the safety and wellbeing of all employees
• Adhere to the company’s ethic policy as set out in the company policies and procedures manual
• This individual should demonstrate strong commercial and sales skills, finds enjoyment in working in the sales field.
• The Wholesale Manager should feel stimulated by an entrepreneurial approach, not afraid to challenge established practices and enjoy the pace of change.
If you want to be part of the iconoclastic fragrance houses in the world, please apply with your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com including ‘Wholesale Manager US’ in the subject line of your email.
Due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us after 4 weeks you can consider your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Penhaligon’s is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
We only use agencies when we need a bit of extra help. So unless we contact you, we won’t accept agency applications.