L'Artisan Parfumeur and Penhaligon’s are two niche fragrance houses. Founded in 1875, Penhaligon’s is an iconic global perfume brand with incredible British heritage. We strive to create original scents for the discerning eccentrics of today.
L’Artisan Parfumeur was founded in Paris in 1976 by perfumer-chemist Jean Laporte and was one of the first of a movement of exclusive niche fragrance houses inspired by nature and a desire to do things a little differently.
Together, we are an international company with our head offices in London, New York City and Paris. We have stores across the world (UK, France, Asia, USA). We are part of the Puig, the global player in the world of Fashion and Fragrance.
Our remarkable growth has everything to do with our team of talented people. Our people are empowered to take ownership and every person contributes to the success of our business. We are passionate entrepreneurs at heart, curious and fearless in our ever-evolving adventures.
Purpose of Role
The Regional Manager is responsible for overall management of the retail business for their region. Key to the role is to ensure delivery of sales, profitability, KPI goals and business objectives. The Regional Manager is a brand ambassador and leader of their teams and should uphold and champion our values. The Regional Manager is accountable for leading their teams in delivering an exceptional and consistent customer experience in line with our service and brand proposition.
• Responsible for developing relationships with the department and Store Managers, whether staffed or not
• Brand training for department teams and independent wholesale accounts, as needed
• Building relationships with department and Store managers
• Conducting regular monthly updates with department managers to discuss sales objectives, previous month’s results, upcoming events, staffing issues/concerns, stock
• Sending weekly recaps of sales results to department managers and freelancers (with us on copy)
• Communicating stock needs to wholesale team
• Ordering testers and samples for the counters as needed
• Being the main point of contact for freelancers to approach for issues/concerns
• Conducting weekly calls with freelancers to review sales, issues, stock needs
• Analyze available sales reports and data to determine the needs of the business and set business strategies
• Set individual sales and business objectives for Store Managers and their teams ensuring they align with individual tore business needs and goals
• Continuously motivate sales team to meet assigned sales, productivity and KPI goals
• Support the development of product knowledge and sales techniques using the company service steps to ensure consistency delivery of exceptional customer service to maximize sales
• Ensure team members maintain constant client communication through the use of clienteling and CRM and are actively building database, using information to increase sales and build customer loyalty
• Collaborate with Line Managers and Marketing to identify and implement local and region specific marketing opportunities to raise brand awareness to drive sales growth, maximize opportunities and grow regional market customer base
• Collaborate with Marketing to manage and execute customer events, new products launches and center/mall events
• Keep up to date of market trends and competitor activity and share knowledge with the teams
• Manage and control profitability ensuring that the gross profit margin and EBITDA targets are met
• Manage all controllable costs to ensure profitability for stores and for the region, inclusive of payroll, reacting to sales trends where necessary
• Review profit and loss accounts by store with Store Managers to highlight opportunities, applying any necessary actions to reduce costs and drive sales
• Be a mentor and brand ambassador to communicate our company values, brand ethos, history and heritage to deliver customer service excellence whist ensuring a consistent message to stores and our customers
• Lead our teams by example, having an active role in store on the sales floor
• Ensure the team provide the highest level of customer service in line with the company service steps offering a unique and personalized experience, including fragrance profiling
• To work in collaboration with the Learning and Development team to deliver training in line with company expectations to ensure the highest standards of service
• Resolve all customer service issues and complaints quickly and effectively, ensuring customer satisfaction
• Empower sales teams to make decisions in the customer’s best interest that also support the Company’s values and proposition
• Recruit and select the most talented and on brand Store Managers and sales teams, ensuring all positions are filled in a timely manner
• Train and develop the team to optimize performance and opportunities for career progression
• Engage and motivate the teams to ensure success and retention
• Support, implement and provide follow-up for all training programs to develop management and sales teams
• Ensure key disciplines and measures are in place and maintained at all times to ensure standards are always at their optimum
• Continually evaluate the performance of the team, providing timely and constructive feedback
• Conduct succession planning meetings to identify talent for future moves and progression
• Resolve all human resources issues in a timely and effective manner, following process and policy, partnering with Human Resources and line manager when necessary.
• Ensure image and grooming standards are reflective of the brand image and are adhered to at all times.
• Carry out performance reviews for direct reports to identify areas of strength and development needs.
Merchandising and Visual Standards
• Implement and maintain all merchandising and visual guidelines, ensuring the highest standards at all times
• Ensure presentation standards, displays and windows are reflective of campaign visual guidelines in relation to new launches and as otherwise communicated by Marketing
• Partner with the Merchandise team and Store Managers to ensure appropriate assortment for stores and communicate any inventory needs to support business goals
• Identify and communicate product concerns in a timely manner
• Ensure all operational standards are maintained at all times in line with company policies and procedures
• Schedule team members to maintain adequate floor coverage to ensure maximum conversion opportunities, delivery of sales targets, productivity and to maintain service excellence
• Ensure all aspects of stock control are managed effectively, inclusive of deliveries, stock transfer process and general stock maintenance
• Manage all bi-annual stock takes, meeting inventory accuracy and shrink requirement goals
• Ensure team members are trained in all areas of appropriate till usage, functions and maintenance, following company policies and procedures as outlined in the Retail Operations Manual
• Accountability for loss prevention in all areas of risk management, physical security, store cash controls, inventory management, inter-store communication and store audits
• Build and maintain good communication and relationships with neighboring businesses, mall and center management where applicable
• Understand and be proficient in computer usage, email and programs used by the company
Desired Skills and Experience
• Experience within the luxury retail sector
• Previous experience as a Regional/Area Manager leading a team in a multi-site store environment
• Commerciality and proven history of driving sales and maintaining profitability
• The ability to analyse business performance and drive KPIs with a view to grow sales
• The ability to create and maintain a luxury service experience
• Good people skills with emphasis on leading and building teams and fostering cross functional relationships
• Proactive with a strong sense of autonomy
• Action oriented and able to distance manage effectively
• A creative problem solver
• Articulate communicator with the ability to influence and communicate effectively
• Self-starter who learns quickly
• Takes ownership and delivers
• A flexible and agile approach
• Comfortable with ambiguity
• Previous experience in a fast pace environment
If you want to be part of the iconoclastic fragrance houses in the world, please apply with your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org including ‘Regional Manager - West‘ in the subject line of your email.
Due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us after 4 weeks you can consider your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Penhaligon’s is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
We only use agencies when we need a bit of extra help. So unless we contact you, we won’t accept agency applications.