L'Artisan Parfumeur and Penhaligon’s are two niche fragrance houses. Founded in 1875, Penhaligon’s is an iconic global perfume brand with incredible British heritage. We strive to create original scents for the discerning eccentrics of today.
L’Artisan Parfumeur was founded in Paris in 1976 by perfumer-chemist Jean Laporte and was one of the first of a movement of exclusive niche fragrance houses inspired by nature and a desire to do things a little differently.
Together, we are an international company with our head offices in London, New York City and Paris. We have stores across the world (UK, France, Asia, USA). We are part of the Puig, the global player in the world of Fashion and Fragrance.
Our remarkable growth has everything to do with our team of talented people. Our people are empowered to take ownership and every person contributes to the success of our business. We are passionate entrepreneurs at heart, curious and fearless in our ever-evolving adventures.
Purpose of Role
The Recruitment Advisor is responsible for the management of the end to end recruitment process for both brands (around 50 vacancies to manage per month). Building a close relationship with our management team to ensure we attract and select the best talent for our business.
• Partner with managers to take full briefings on new vacancies to ensure we understand what good looks like for the role.
• Works with HR Director to understand the bigger picture when recruiting (e.g. whether a role should be recruited like-for-like, pending reorganisations).
• Liaises with agencies to work on current live roles.
• Use the succession planning information to identify talented people in the business that could fill existing vacancies.
• Supporting managers in the creation of role guides.
• Ensures all vacancies are live on the appropriate media e.g. websites, job boards and LinkedIn.
• Uses LinkedIn proactively to identify potential candidates for vacancies.
• Attending interviews with the managers for key roles, influencing recruitment decisions to ensure we recruit the best talent that demonstrates a great fit with the brands.
• Organise and run assessment centres as appropriate including for Christmas recruitment of temps.
• Develop processes that enable our managers to recruit and select effectively and are in line with current legislation.
• Design and implementation of selection tools for managers to ensure we are applying consistent criteria in selecting our talent.
• Work with the Learning and Development Manager to ensure managers are trained in recruitment and selection.
• Provides feedback and coaches managers to support their development.
• Manage the offer process with the line manager including ensuring the offer pack is raised and sent out in a timely manner.
• Booking all new joiners onto induction training through Learning and Development.
• Work with Learning and Development Manager and line manager to ensure a thorough on-boarding experience for their team members, supporting as required.
• Keeps organisation charts up to date to ensure they are reflective of the current structure.
• Using the relationships with agencies and external partners to conduct benchmarking where necessary to establish market pay rates and benefits.
• Maintains recruitment reports so full visibility of all current live roles and candidates in process.
• Participate in ad hoc projects and research.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Fluent French ideally
• Previous experience of retail recruiting in house
• A background in a similar fast pace and commercial HR environment
• Good IT skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Good verbal and written communication with excellent grammar and spelling
• Excellent attention to detail
• Proven ability to proactively build and maintain effective working relationships
• Operates with professionalism and discretion, ensuring confidentiality
• Customer focused approach with an ability to work with challenging internal customers
• Achieves credibility through delivering great service and challenging where necessary
• Ability to solve problems and propose effective solutions
• A passion for retail
• A collaborative and team focused approach
• A hands on, self-starter
• Comfortable with the uncomfortable
If you want to be part of the iconoclastic fragrance houses in the world, please apply with your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com including ‘Recruitment Advisor’ in the subject line of your email.
Due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us after 4 weeks you can consider your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Penhaligon’s is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
We only use agencies when we need a bit of extra help. So unless we contact you, we won’t accept agency applications.