L'Artisan Parfumeur and Penhaligon’s are two niche fragrance houses. Founded in 1870, Penhaligon’s is an iconic global perfume brand with incredible British heritage. We strive to create original scents for the discerning eccentrics of today.
L’Artisan Parfumeur was founded in Paris in 1976 by perfumer-chemist Jean Laporte and was one of the first of a movement of exclusive niche fragrance houses inspired by nature and a desire to do things a little differently.
Together, we are an international company with our head offices in London, New York City and Paris. We have stores across the world (UK, France, Asia, USA). We are part of the Puig, the global player in the world of Fashion and Fragrance.
Our remarkable growth has everything to do with our team of talented people. Our people are empowered to take ownership and every person contributes to the success of our business. We are passionate entrepreneurs at heart, curious and fearless in our ever-evolving adventures.
Purpose of Role
Working closely with two Purchasing Projects Managers between London and Paris, the Packaging Projects Manager will develop perfumery packaging components and finished products following designs and product briefs in time, in cost objectives and according to our company’s quality standards. The Packaging Projects Manager will be fully accountable for the complete end to end development from concept to product and for converting design concepts into technical feasible outputs and products.
• Convert creative briefs from Marketing into technically realistic feasible products in time, quality and best cost
• Translate creative briefs into technical briefs and in partnership with Purchasing, issue request for quotation to suppliers
• Issue technical specifications to component suppliers
• Constantly communicate with our sub-contractors/fillers and integrate their filling specifications and constraints in the development of the components
• Launch and follow up production tools at the suppliers once analysed and approved technical drawings
• In partnership with Purchasing, create and maintain up to date the bill of materials to ensure accurate values for production and procurements
• Work closely with Marketing, Purchasing and external partners as responsible of all technical, industrial and economic constraints and standards that will impact on product design
• Fill and maintain up to date the specifications, drawings and artwork databases
• Own and manage the development and communication of the technical specifications for components in partnership with the sourcing team, suppliers and fillers
• Create technical reports providing recommendations, plans/projects and initial specifications when required
• Work closely with the New Products Coordinator to update development timetables and manage the delivery against pre-identified milestones
• Be able to raise awareness of potential risks or milestone conflicts through the various packaging design activity stages and also to keep the project team informed about any potential impact of your activity on their activities
• In partnership with our internal Laboratory, monitor the compatibility testing between packaging and product as a milestone of the development process
• Identify ways to improve existing products (cost saving opportunities on components, perceived quality, filling productivity)
• Regular travel to Europe to attend external meetings, start of production and defect range boards definition
Desired Skills and Experience
• Previous experience in packaging development for fragrance or spirits, industrialisation and technical design
• Fluent in English and French
• Packaging Engineering degree
• Materials knowledge, understanding of processing techniques for both primary and secondary packaging
• Experience working across complex projects with multi-level divisional ownership and a team across two different locations
• Project Management experience
• Adaptable with good communication skills with marketing, suppliers, quality etc
• Collaborative working approach and solution driven
• Autonomous worker and self-driven
• Product sensitiveness
If you want to be part of the iconoclastic fragrance houses in the world, please apply with your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com including ‘Packaging Projects Manager’ in the subject line of your email.
Due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us after 4 weeks you can consider your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Penhaligon’s is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
We only use agencies when we need a bit of extra help. So unless we contact you, we won’t accept agency applications.