L'Artisan Parfumeur and Penhaligon’s are two niche fragrance houses. Founded in 1870, Penhaligon’s is an iconic global perfume brand with incredible British heritage. We strive to create original scents for the discerning eccentrics of today.
L’Artisan Parfumeur was founded in Paris in 1976 by perfumer-chemist Jean Laporte and was one of the first of a movement of exclusive niche fragrance houses inspired by nature and a desire to do things a little differently.
Together, we are an international company with our head offices in London, New York City and Paris. We have stores across the world (UK, France, Asia, USA). We are part of the Puig, the global player in the world of Fashion and Fragrance.
Our remarkable growth has everything to do with our team of talented people. Our people are empowered to take ownership and every person contributes to the success of our business. We are passionate entrepreneurs at heart, curious and fearless in our ever-evolving adventures.
Purpose of Role
The HR Manager US is a generalist role business partnering with the US team, working with the VP of Retail - North America to drive the effectiveness and performance of the team in line with the goals of the business and Perfumers 1870 values. Working closely with the HR team based in the UK, this role will help define the people agenda for the US market and ensure the implementation of initiatives that will enable us to attract and retain great talent in the US.
• Works with HQ HR team to create policies and procedures that apply to the US local markets
• Manages all US ER cases in line with legislation and company policy for example – disciplinaries, appeals and grievances
• Execute absence management policies locally and support management of long term sick team members
• Directly takes advice as appropriate from US legal advisors
Attracting and selecting great talent
• Works with the management team to create a shared view of what good looks like for talent
• Works collaboratively with HQ London Talent Acquisition team to identify the most appropriate talent attraction methods for the market and to source candidates
• Grows knowledge of talent for their local market through networking and comp shopping
• Works with the VP and HR HQ team to identify internal talent
• Identifies team members at high risk of leaving and highlights this centrally to work on talent pool for future succession
• Works with VP and Managers to select the best talent for the business, challenging managers selection decisions as appropriate
• Organise and host assessment days for volume recruitment
Great place to work
• Works with HQ HR to create local initiatives that will embed our EVP and Values
• Administers the annual engagement survey ensuring maximum participation
• Works with HQ HR and management team to understand the themes from the survey and feed this back into the people agenda to create action plans for making this a great place to work
• Works with management team to maximise participation in exit interviews to ensure we understand why people are leaving our business and what we can do to improve retention
• Challenges VP and managers to make this a great place to work, giving feedback where actions and decisions are not in line with this and our values
• Works with HQ HR to find and implement CSR/community opportunities for our people
• Works with HQ HR and managers to effect change in the right way
• Works with the managers to effect change in the people metrics for example improving team member turnover
• Uses relevant date to influence key stakeholders
• Works with the HQ HR team to Identify opportunities to drive recognition in the US
• Encourages a culture within the management team of recognising team member achievement
• Manages the pay review and bonus processes locally working with HQ HR for central sign off
• Conducts local market research on comp and bens
• Uses market knowledge to provide guidance on US benefits packages
• Operates as a coach and mentor to develop the management team
• Works collaboratively with Learning and Development Manager to identify and create appropriate development opportunities
• Delivers development initiatives for example – training programmes, psychometrics and development days
• Facilitates the talent review process to identify future talent and create a succession plan for the US
• Works with the management team to ensure every team member who has successfully passed their probationary receives an annual and half year review
• Quality assuring the annual and half year review processes through ensuring that managers understand the documentation and apply the appropriate ratings consistently
Desired Skills and Experience
• Strong HR generalist background, ideally with previous retail experience
• Able to influence and challenge at a senior level
• Resilient and resourceful with a can do attitude
• Great judgement and the ability to take decisions in an ambiguous environment
• Strong relationship builder with flexibility in working style and approach
• The ability to respond quickly and deliver in a fast pace demanding environment
• Excellent attention to detail and highly organised, with a strong focus on delivery
• Solution focused with the ability to trouble-shoot area of concerns
• A high level of emotional intelligence
• A collaborative approach to working
• A natural coach and mentor
• The ability to prioritise effectively and balance the day to day with bigger projects
If you want to be part of the iconoclastic fragrance houses in the world, please apply with your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com including ‘Human Resources Manager U.S.’ in the subject line of your email.
Due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us after 4 weeks you can consider your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Penhaligon’s is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
We only use agencies when we need a bit of extra help. So unless we contact you, we won’t accept agency applications.