L'Artisan Parfumeur and Penhaligon’s are two niche fragrance houses. Founded in 1870, Penhaligon’s is an iconic global perfume brand with incredible British heritage. We strive to create original scents for the discerning eccentrics of today.
L’Artisan Parfumeur was founded in Paris in 1976 by perfumer-chemist Jean Laporte and was one of the first of a movement of exclusive niche fragrance houses inspired by nature and a desire to do things a little differently.
Together, we are an international company with our head offices in London, New York City and Paris. We have stores across the world (UK, France, Asia, USA). We are part of the Puig, the global player in the world of Fashion and Fragrance.
Our remarkable growth has everything to do with our team of talented people. Our people are empowered to take ownership and every person contributes to the success of our business. We are passionate entrepreneurs at heart, curious and fearless in our ever-evolving adventures.
We are experiencing exceptional growth and an exciting new opportunity has arisen at Penhaligon’s and L’Artisan Parfumeur, who are looking to hire an Online Marketing Manager to join their growing digital marketing team in central London.
The core objective of the role is to drive performance efficiencies across all of our online touchpoints: website (desktop, mobile & tablet), owned and paid social channels, paid search, natural search, display, affiliates and eCRM.
Purpose of Role
The core objective of the Digital Marketing Manager US is to drive performance efficiencies across all of our online touchpoints in the North American region: website (desktop, mobile and tablet), owned and paid social channels, paid search, natural search, display, affiliates and eCRM.
Ensure localisation / relevancy for US
· Work closely with wider digital team on A/B tests for website performance and email personalisation / recommendation
· Work closely with Content Managers to ensure content calendar is reflected in PPC AdCopy / Social / Email / website, as well as tone is ‘relevant’ for US market. Similarly, to ensure US-copy is optimised for SEO
· Work closely with Social Media team to ensure activity is localised, targeted and relevant; and help build up bank of US bloggers and influencers; as well as developing a programme of online PR
· Monitor local competitor activity and media campaigns
· Work closely with Online Trading / Content Managers to ensure clear plan of activity is in place for key periods (mother’s day, father’s day, valentine’s day, thanksgiving weekend, Xmas), as well as product launches
· Insights into US customers / audiences
Consistency with UK
· Ensure consistency of customer experience (fulfilment, customer service, free sample), especially as Borderfree will be based on US instance of website
· Ensure consistency of brand / tone of voice in all marketing communications
· Develop and promote fragrance profiling and engraving programmes for US market
· Establish brand-appropriate partnerships and joint venture activity
· In conjunction with Omni-channel manager, explore innovative opportunities e.g. e-receipts, beacons; whether native or in partnership
· Ensure that capabilities of the new website platform – in conjunction with Raymark tool – are maximised (Q3 2017 onwards)
· Where cost-efficient, develop opportunities for online brand engagement and DR display activity, Similarly Paid Search, native and Affiliates
· Identifying and implementing pro-active programmes to increase size of the active email database; as well as working closely with Trading/Content Manager to re-engage with lapsed and lapsing users. Similarly build programme to target additional audience segments as appropriate (new, VIP, etc)
Desired Skills and Experience
Proven track record of working in-house for e-commerce retail websites
Significant experience in eCommerce / merchandising management
Basic knowledge of SEO
Proven record of managing performance / media agencies
Ability to assess customer traffic and behaviour, and improve the user experience
Experience with Email Service Provider platforms and Content Management Systems
Proficient in Google Analytics
Experience of DoubleClick Campaign Manager, and Google Tag Manager, advantageous
Experience of Optimizely and HotJar
Extremely data driven, analytical and commercially aware
Efficient and methodical
Solutions focused with a value-add approach
A friendly, gregarious personality and thirst for knowledge
If you want to be part of the iconoclastic fragrance houses in the world, please apply with your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org including ‘Digital Marketing Manager US’ in the subject line of your email.
Due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us after 4 weeks you can consider your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Penhaligon’s is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
We only use agencies when we need a bit of extra help. So unless we contact you, we won’t accept agency applications.