Penhaligon’s candles are made from a blend of special blend of paraffin and soy waxes,this allows for a perfect burn, soft enough to drop down evenly down the sides of the candle glass and not too hard which can lead to the wick tunneling down through the core of the candle.
The essential oils are blended throughout the wax, making for an even and balanced dispersion of the scent throughout the space. The wicks are all cotton braided with a nylon core that helps ensure smooth, smoke-free burning.
Our candles are all white wax in opaque white glass except Elixir, Samarkand and the large Maduro candle; these are black wax in black glass. This gives the candles a striking lantern effect as they burn. Any smutting or marks around the glass can be easily removed with baby wipes.
Penhaligon’s candles are wonderful gifts with a diverse range to suit all taste and styles.
A few tips will help you get the best out of your candles.
- The first time you burn the candles burn for at least two hours or until the top has liquefied.
- Re-centre the wick while the wax is still soft. In particular this applies to the three wick candles. Hold the wicks upright out the wax with until they stand still
- Trim the wick to 5mm to avoid smoking and prevent it bending and warping
- If the house or room is warm, you can get more from your candles by chilling them down in the freezer an hour before using.
- The burn time for our classic candles is 30 hours.
- The burn time for our large 750g candles is 110 hours.
- A handy cleaning tip for removing dust from the tops of candles is using unscented baby wipes.
- Candles are of course a naked flame and therefore some important safety advice and instructions are necessary for use.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- The container will become hot during use, so place on a heatproof surface, never on an unprotected or polished surface.
- Do not move or handle the candle while it is alight.
- Extinguish with care, do not use water or blow out, as this can cause spillage of hot wax.
- Allow wax to cool properly before handling the candle.
- Keep candle free of foreign matter as this can cause problems with burning.
- Burn candle away from draughts, curtains, other flammable materials, pets, children and overhanging surfaces.
- We recommend you burn your Penhaligon’s candle for no more than two hours at a time.
- Please pay attention as candle nears bottom of the glass, as the base can heat up.
02 November 2015
This is the most effective tips for tips and that will help you get the best out of your candles. I would like to congratulate you for this great content. Thanks a lot for sharing this content with us.
09 April 2015
Excellent tips on candles.
09 April 2015
by Susser Feit
Thank you for these usefull tips. However, I guess that part of the text wasn´t really meant to be posted here, for costumer reading. It appears as being advice, aimed at the staff, selling the lovely products. Like salesadvice and education in how to communicate with costumers.... Just thought, I´d let you know, as you might want to communicate to your salesforce through another channel than this newsletter, gloing out to costumers. Have a lovely day, kindest regards from your loyal Penhaligons-fan in Denmark.