Penhaligon's was founded in 1870 by William Penhaligon, the house encapsulates the English idea of a traditional heritage fragrance house with a dedication to create scented stories. The founder imagined perfumes as references to places and memories. From the original Hammam Bouquet in 1872 – created after the smell of the Turkish baths located next to his first boutique on Jermyn St - to the latest creations like As Sawira in 2015, legacy with a twist is at the core of the history of the house.
Each and every creation explores facets of high perfumery, challenging the traditions of the art and seeking new ways to interpret elegance. Truly English, Penhaligon’s is passionate about ingredients and still manufactures its scents in England using the finest rare ingredients. Penhaligon’s creations are now offered in own boutiques and selected distinguished stores across the world.
Penhaligon’s is honoured to hold two long-standing Royal Warrants; from HRH The Duke of Edinburgh (granted 1956) and from HRH The Prince of Wales (granted 1988).
Our head offices are based in London, New-York and Paris. We have stores across the world (UK, France, Asia, USA). We are part of Puig, a global player in the world of fashion and fragrance.
Purpose of Role
The Account Manager is responsible for the overall management of the account, merchandise and customer services. The Account Manager is also responsible for achieving sales objectives, maintaining and achieving high operational, and merchandising standards and goals.
Profit and Sales Generation:
· Meet sales goals
· Drive traffic to the counter
· Actively convert customer footfall to sales
· To actively ‘sell’ the Company and its products, including the story of Penhaligon’s
· Analyse available sales reports and data to determine the needs of the business
and set business strategies
· Develop events/incentives that will continue to grow customer base, with particular emphasis on
building the local market
· Manage all controllable costs to ensure maximum profit return for the account
· Provide the highest level of customer service
· Manage client database and utilise information to increase sales and client contact
· Resolve all client problems and complaints quickly and effectively i.e. dissatisfied customers, returns, defective merchandise
· Ensure facility maintenance, presentation and organisation
· Ensure cash control procedures are properly followed including: bank deposits, safe funds and petty cash where applicable
· Control general expenses and maintain budgets, continually striving to reduce costs
· Ensure deliveries are properly processed in a timely manner
· Monitor the movement of all inventory and ensure adherence to all shipping/receiving policies and procedures
· Meet inventory accuracy and shrink requirements
· Understand and properly execute all register functions
· Support, promote and assume responsibility for loss prevention in all areas of risk management, physical security, counter cash controls, inventory management, inter-store communication and loss prevention audits
· Build and maintain good communication with members of corporate office, Area Manager and other terminals
· Implement and maintain all merchandising directives and ensure execution of effective merchandising strategies
· Partner with logistics, product teams and Area Manager to ensure appropriate assortment for the store
· Ensure the selling floor is neat, clean, organised and reflects the correct visual image at all times
· Ensure presentation of all displays, fixtures and all visual areas are reflective of current visual direction
· Identify and communicate product concerns in a timely manner
· Communicate inventory needs to support the business goal
Desired Skills and Experience
· Previous account management experience in a luxury retail environment
· Highly customer and serviced focused
· Commercial acumen and business awareness
· Creative and entrepreneurial spirit
· Ability to work autonomously
· Resilient and actioned oriented
· Excellent communicator
· Strong relationship builder
· Commitment to driving sales growth and KPIs
· Building customer loyalty and sales through use of CRM and clienteling
· Profit and loss management and accountability
If you want to be part of the iconoclastic fragrance houses in the world, please apply with your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com including ‘Account Manager Heathrow’ in the subject line of your email.
Due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us after 4 weeks you can consider your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Penhaligon’s is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
We only use agencies when we need a bit of extra help. So unless we contact you, we won’t accept agency applications.