Penhaligon's was founded in 1870 by William Penhaligon, the house encapsulates the English idea of a traditional heritage fragrance house with a dedication to create scented stories. The founder imagined perfumes as references to places and memories. From the original Hammam Bouquet in 1872 – created after the smell of the Turkish baths located next to his first boutique on Jermyn St - to the latest creations like As Sawira in 2015, legacy with a twist is at the core of the history of the house.
Each and every creation explores facets of high perfumery, challenging the traditions of the art and seeking new ways to interpret elegance. Truly English, Penhaligon’s is passionate about ingredients and still manufactures its scents in England using the finest rare ingredients. Penhaligon’s creations are now offered in own boutiques and selected distinguished stores across the world.
Penhaligon’s is honoured to hold two long-standing Royal Warrants; from HRH The Duke of Edinburgh (granted 1956) and from HRH The Prince of Wales (granted 1988).
Our head offices are based in London, New-York and Paris. We have stores across the world (UK, France, Asia, USA). We are part of Puig, a global player in the world of fashion and fragrance.
Purpose of the Role
The store manager is responsible for overall management of the store, staff, merchandise and customer service. The Store Manager is also responsible for achieving sales objectives, maintaining and achieving high operational and merchandizing standards and goals, building highly motivated teams and developing associates to the next level.
Profit and Sales Generation
• To drive and meet the store sales goals objectives
• Analyze available sales reports and data to determine the needs of the business and set business strategies
• Set individual sales goals for Fragrance Consultants, ensuring goals reflect store business goals
• Continuously motivate sales staff to meet assigned sales and productivity goals
• Support the development of Fragrance Consultants on sales techniques, ensuring utilization of fragrance profiling to maximize sales, and ensure selling staff is fluent in all aspects of product knowledge
• Demonstrate sales leadership for staff by playing an active role on the selling floor
• Collaborate with Supervisor and Marketing to identify local marketing opportunities to support sales
• Develop events/incentives that will continue to grow customer base, with particular emphasis on building local market
• Manage all controllable costs to ensure maximum profit return for the store
• Actively Manages the payroll costs to be in line with the payroll budget, reacting to sales trends where necessary
• Ensure staff maintain constant client communication through the use of clientelling and CRM and are actively building database, utilizing information to increase sales and build customer loyalty
• Ensure all Fragrance Consultants provide the highest level of customer service
• Ensure staff maintains constant client communication through utilizing their client books
• Manage client database and utilize information to increase sales and client contact
• Resolve all customer service issues and complaints quickly and effectively, ensuring customer satisfaction
• Assist Sales Associates with various customer service issues i.e. dissatisfied customers, returns, defective merchandise
• Manage all special events inclusive of collection previews, client events, sale events and center events, etc.
• Empower Sales Associates to make decisions in the customer’s best interest that also support the Company’s philosophy
• Ensure facility maintenance, presentation and organization
• Ensure cash control procedures are properly followed including: bank deposits, safe funds and petty cash
• Control store expenses and maintain budgets, continually striving to reduce costs
• Schedule associates to maintain adequate floor coverage while maintaining payroll budgets
• Ensure deliveries are properly processed in a timely manner
• Monitor the movement of all inventory and ensure that staff adheres to all shipping/receiving policies and procedures
• Meet inventory accuracy and shrink requirements
• Ensure staff is trained in all areas of appropriate register usage and maintenance
• Understand and properly execute all management register functions
• Support, promote and assume responsibility for loss prevention in all areas of risk management, physical security, store cash controls, inventory management, inter-store communication and LP audits
• Build and maintain good communication with members of corporate office, regional office, mall office and other stores
• Exhibit proficiency in computer programs used by the Company including: Word, Excel and a willingness to train in systems used if necessary
• Implement and maintain all merchandising directives and ensure execution of effective merchandising strategies
• Partner with logistics, product teams and supervisor to ensure appropriate assortment for the store
• Ensure the selling floor is neat, clean, organized and reflects the correct visual image at all times
• Ensure presentation of all displays, fixtures and all visual areas are reflective of current visual direction
• Identify and communicate product concerns in a timely manner
• Communicate inventory needs to support the business goal
• Recruit, train, and develop staff ensuring all positions are filled in a timely manner with qualified personnel
• Support, implement and provide follow-up for all training programs, seminars, to develop the sales team
• Continually evaluate the performance of each associate and provide constant feedback to ensure results
• Resolve all human resources issues in a timely and effective manner, partnering with HR when necessary
• Ensure integrity of payroll costs and the payroll process. Actively Manages the payroll costs to be in line with the payroll budget, reacting to sales trends where necessary
• Ensure image and grooming standards are professional, reflective of the brand image and adhered to at all times
Desired Skills and Experience
• Proven track record in a luxury environment
• Highly customer and serviced focused
• Commercial acumen and awareness
• Creative and entrepreneurial spirit
• Ability to work autonomously
• Resilient and actioned orientated
• Excellent communicator
• Strong relationship builder
• Experienced line manager
• Commitment to driving sales growth and KPIs
• Building customer loyalty and sales through use of CRM and clientelling
• Profit and loss management and accountability
If you want to be part of the iconoclastic fragrance houses in the world, please apply with your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and store location in the subject line of your email.
Due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us after 4 weeks you can consider your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Penhaligon’s is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
We only use agencies when we need a bit of extra help. So unless we contact you, we won’t accept agency applications