L'Artisan Parfumeur and Penhaligon’s are two niche fragrance houses. Founded in 1870, Penhaligon’s is an iconic global perfume brand with incredible British heritage. We strive to create original scents for the discerning eccentrics of today.
L’Artisan Parfumeur was founded in Paris in 1976 by perfumer-chemist Jean Laporte and was one of the first of a movement of exclusive niche fragrance houses inspired by nature and a desire to do things a little differently.
Together, we are an international company with our head offices in London, New York City and Paris. We have stores across the world (UK, France, Asia, USA). We are part of the Puig, the global player in the world of Fashion and Fragrance.
Our remarkable growth has everything to do with our team of talented people. Our people are empowered to take ownership and every person contributes to the success of our business. We are passionate entrepreneurs at heart, curious and fearless in our ever-evolving adventures.
Purpose of Role
The Field Trainer works to deliver compelling development opportunities to our team members, making this a great place to work. Key to the delivery in this role is developing our teams in our products and customer service experience to drive sales and profitability.
On a day to day basis the LDA role is delivering training to our stores, counters and wholesale partners on a global basis.
• Co-ordinate and deliver the Welcome to Perfumers 1870 Induction programme
• Delivery of workshops and surgeries on a range of topics with a particular focus on product and service
• Work in close collaboration with Marketing to ensure fully up to date with new product development
• Observing service delivery in store and on counter, giving constructive feedback on areas for improvement
• Taking an active role in coaching with team members
• Encouraging managers to use on the job opportunities to develop their teams
• Administering the annual and half year performance review process ensure maximum participation
• Contributing to the formulation of the learning and development offer
• Designing workshops, initiatives, tools and materials that underpin Perfumers 1870 visions and objectives
• Proposing amendments and updates to improve the quality of training programmes
• Researching current trends in learning and development and bringing ideas to the team for new initiatives as a result
• Regularly review the offer to ensure it is up to date, refreshed and on brand
• Researching and sourcing external training providers as required, monitoring the quality of the training delivered by third parties
• Evaluating training to ensure team members are satisfied with the training/workshops delivered
• Ensure the embedding of our values, principles and practice of diversity throughout the L&D delivery
• Take on any other duties as delegated by the L&D Manager and the HR Director
Desired Skills and Experience
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Able to motivate and inspire a team
• Previous experience of stand up training in a luxury service environment
• Previous experience in retail or the hospitality industry
• Ability to design training workshops
• Ability to listen and empathize with good interpersonal skills - strong relationship builder
• The ability to respond quickly in a fast pace demanding environment
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Effective presentation and facilitation skills
• Solution focused with the ability to trouble-shoot area of concerns
• To operate as a brand ambassador
• Resilient and resourceful with a can do attitude
• Strong relationship builder with flexibility in working style and approach
• The ability to respond quickly and deliver in a fast pace demanding environment
• Excellent attention to detail and highly organised, with a strong focus on delivery
• A high level of emotional intelligence
• A collaborative approach to working
• A natural coach and mentor
• Willing and able to travel globally
If you want to be part of the iconoclastic fragrance houses in the world, please apply with your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com including ‘Retail Trainer’ in the subject line of your email.
Due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us after 4 weeks you can consider your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Penhaligon’s is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
We only use agencies when we need a bit of extra help. So unless we contact you, we won’t accept agency applications.